Le Nordique spa Stoneham is proud of its efforts to respect the environment. Here are some of the initiatives we have undertaken to minimize our ecological footprint:
- During days when fewer people visit our spa, for those installations of which we have two, one is closed in order to reduce our energy consumption. The savings realized from this reduction are passed on to our clients in the form of a reduction of $10 on spa admission rates on Eco-Responsible days.
- We believe in sustainable consumption based on the principle of "pay as you go". To this end, if you need a second towel, robe, or water bottle, we would be happy to provide them to you for a nominal fee.
- Our spa uses only clean energy sources. Our saunas are heated with electricity, while our whirlpool baths are heated by latest model propane gas heaters, offering a 25% higher energy efficiency compared to traditional water heaters.
- Our fireplaces are heated only in wintertime, using firewood from dead trees found on spa grounds or ecological clean burn firewood. In order to minimize energy losses and carbon dioxide emissions into the atmosphere, no fires are lit on spa property purely to create an ambiance.
- Following discussions with Quebec's provincial ministry of the environment, we have planted trees on the spa grounds to make up for those cut down during the spa's construction.
- Recycling is a key part of our waste management and consumption practices. In order to reduce the number of water bottles that need to be recycled, we have installed a number of water fountains throughout the spa. Additionally, the plastic bags we provide to our clients to hold their wet bathing suits are biodegradable.